Rose M. Lopez Elementary School
Schiller and Hersh Associates, as sub-consultant to architect DiGroup Architecture, provided Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Design-Build Engineering services for a 128,000 square foot 3-story new elementary school which educates 700 Kindergarten through Grade 5 students.
S&H performed all MEPFP engineering services on a design-build basis through Epic Construction and DI Group Architecture. S&H also provided whole-building energy modeling services for LEED certification.
Scope of Work:
- 4-pipe high efficiency boiler / high efficiency air cooled chiller system.
- Air handling units on the roof for large spaces and dedicated outside air system for the classroom block.
- Blower coil units for each classroom and educational space.
- New HVAC DDC Trane control web-based system.
- New electrical service and 3,000A, 480V switchgear, including provisions for the PPA sourced solar PV system.
- Lighting and digital lighting controls.
- Addressable fire alarm systems.
- Natural gas emergency backup generator.
- Domestic water heater, cold/hot piping and re-circulation systems.
- Sanitary, waste, vent and storm piping for the building.
- Plumbing fixtures with automatic and manual sensors.
- Fully sprinklered building with a fire pump.