Middletown Township Board of Education, Middletown, NJ
Geothermal Analysis and Upgrade Project
School District: Middletown Public School District
Scope of Work: Geothermal systems and piping were beginning to fail due to lack of chemical treatment in the interior piping systems and failed exterior well field fittings. A project was developed to utilize in parallel both the existing, remaining well field circuits and new cooling towers/boilers to maintain proper geothermal loop temperatures. Provide new cooling towers, new boilers, pumps, HVAC controls and piping replacements at High School North, High School South, Bayshore Middle School, Thorne Middle School and Thompson Middle School. Highlights:
- Elimination of Ethanol-water mixture for system liquid; conversion to an all-water system.
- New high efficiency boilers with heat exchangers to the geothermal loop and primary loop piping and pumps.
- New high efficiency cooling towers with heat exchangers to the geothermal loop and primary loop piping and pumps.
- New geothermal heat pump safety controls and remediation.
- New mechanical room piping systems, pumps and controls.
- New interior building selected piping replacements based on corroded condition of all piping.
- New HVAC DDC control systems for each entire school building, based on Johnson Controls.