Client: Isaac Newton Foundation / MaST Charter School, Philadelphia, PA
Project Name: New Charter School – MaST II – Phase 1
Schiller and Hersh Associates, as sub-consultant to Ewing Cole, is providing Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Fire Alarm Professional Engineering Consulting services for this new 56,000 SF, 3-story charter school in the City of Philadelphia.
- New high efficiency, modulating, gas-fired, DX roof top HVAC systems with VAV.
- Acoustic considerations for quieter HVAC systems.
- Non-proprietary HVAC DDC web-based control system.
- New 15kV PECO service.
- High efficiency LED site lighting and interior lighting with 0-10V dimming controls for all academic spaces.
- Theatrical lighting systems for the Multi-purpose rooms.
- Accommodations for future sports field lighting systems and masts.
- MEPFP systems for a full, commercial serving kitchen.
- New fully addressable fire alarm system.
- Anti-resonant power factor correction systems.
- New low-voltage electrical systems: Security systems, card access systems, security camera systems, audio/visual systems, PA systems and structured data & telephone cabling systems.
- New plumbing domestic cold & hot water systems and sanitary, waste, vent and storm systems within the building.
- New passive radon mitigation system for underslab venting.
- Gas booster system for low Philadelphia gas pressures.
- Fully sprinklered building.