Rider University Cullen Center Westminster Choir College
New Academic Building
S&H provided all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection services for a new academic building on campus. Highlights of the building include:
- 3,400 SF Rehearsal Hall with 30’ high ceiling and acoustics for professional level recording and concert performances.
- (3) Three classrooms for professional level instruction and practice with high quality acoustics.
- Entry Lobby and exterior hardscape spaces for gathering before and after performances and for campus evening events.
- High efficiency gas-fired boilers.
- High efficiency air cooled chiller system design.
- Radiant slab heating system, humidity control for voice performances and NC 15 mechanical design for Rehearsal Hall.
- Air handling systems with heating and cooling coils with NC 35 mechanical design for classrooms.
- New 15kV PSE&G service for a majority of the campus.
- New 600kW generator design for backup of the majority of the campus, including new building.
- Lighting: A majority of the lighting fixtures are dimmable LED fixtures.
- Lighting controls: Centralized, web-based lighting controls with occupancy sensors and daylight photosensors for daylight dimming controls.
- Electrical support for Audio/Visual systems, including full integration with Lighting Controls.
- Electrical design for IT structured cabling systems, including campus fiber optic cabling.
Plumbing and Fire Protection: Design of plumbing and fire protection systems.
Basic and Enhanced LEED commissioning services were also being provided on the project. Project was awarded LEED Silver Certification.