Emergency Generator Installation
Owner: State of New Jersey/ Department of Law & Public Safety
Scope: Design and specifications for the installation of an Emergency Generator to back up the entire medical examiner’s office, including:
- Detailed field survey of existing conditions.
- Construction phasing and sequencing to allow for continued full occupancy of the building during construction.
- Design of a new 500kW diesel fired generator with a day-tank sub-base with transfer pump & controls from the existing 7,000 gallon underground fuel oil tank.
- New 250kW load bank and controls for the generator.
- New PSE&G outdoor CT cabinet and metering.
- New outdoor bypass isolation automatic transfer switch, which is service entrance rated.
- New outdoor bussed pull sections and 1600A temporary generator quick-connect switchboard.
- Fuel oil piping and fuel polishing system for the existing 7,000 gallon underground tank.
- Specifications and requirements for the contractor to field verify the existing panel source and circuits for all building devices, equipment and lighting, including labeling and new panel schedules.
- Demolition of the existing indoor generator, exhaust and all new aluminum panels on the exterior to replace the old generator louvers.
- SKM Systems Analysis short circuit and coordination calculations for the project, including providing settings for all devices.