Client/Owner: State of New Jersey / Department of Corrections
S&H performed a study of the fire alarm and fire protection systems at a total of (11) buildings at the Mountainview facility:
- Cottages 1 to 4.
- Cottages 5 to 8.
- Administration Building.
- Assembly / Gym Building.
- Food Service Building.
Scope of work:
- Onsite field walk-thru of each building, including the assessment of the existing fire alarm and sprinkler systems relative to code and also existing conditions.
- Analyze the existing Clinton Water tank storage system and gravity feed to the facility, including obtaining water flow tests.
- Attend onsite excavation work to identify the location, size and material type of the existing incoming main onto the campus.
- Analyze the combined fire/domestic water system and determine requirements for separation.
- Review piping material types, including combined fire/domestic water lines.
- Review existing pathways for adding in fiber for communications back to the Administration Building for new fire alarm systems from various buildings.
- Review of the existing center control conditions to support a Proprietary Supervising Station System as per NFPA 8.4.
- Analysis for a new site located fire pump that is diesel fired and self-contained.
- Analysis of the existing site hydrants and the combined piping with the domestic water systems with no backflow prevention.
- Narrative report with a summary of the existing conditions, code analysis and recommendations.
- Cost estimate with costs based on 2017 construction dollars.