Berkeley College Woodland Park Campus
One Stop Student Center
Woodland Park, NJ
Date Started / Completed:
2012 – 2014
Project Size: 50,000 SF
Estimated Construction Cost: $9,700,000
S&H performed all MEPFP engineering services on this project. Development of One Stop Student Center (Designed per LEED Standards):
- New atrium entrance and student dining along with Relocation of Admissions, a Wellness Center, the Bookstore, TV Lounge, Academic Support, the Library and Classroom space.
- New outdoor dining plaza.
- New food service equipment.
- Student lounge and meeting spaces.
- New high efficiency condensing style boiler to supplement the existing, multi-stage boiler.
- New gas-fired rooftop units with DX cooling feeding VAV systems in the building.
- New smoke control system for the atrium.
- New domestic water plumbing systems along with ADA toilet rooms and a high efficiency, condensing style domestic water heater.
- New fire protection systems for the entire project.
- New high efficiency lighting with LED fixtures and automatic lighting controls.
- New electrical service from JCP&L to serve the upgraded loads of the building, including AC.
- Construction phasing and sequencing to allow the existing campus server room to be continuously powered during all power outages. The server room contains a data center for all College operations as well as servers for public companies, so up-time was a critical requirement.
- New fully addressable fire alarm system and smoke control system for the atrium.
- Design for data, telephone, CATV and A/V systems.
- MEPFP design for new elevators.