ALPHA RHO of CHI PSI
Fraternity House Additions & Renovations
New Brunswick, NJ
Date Started / Completed: 2012 – 2012
Project Size: ~13,500 SF
Estimated Construction Cost: $2,000,000
S&H provided all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection preliminary/schematic engineering services. The project is anticipated to move into construction document phase in the next 12 months.
- Existing conditions and code analysis report of the building.
- Meetings with Fraternity alumni to discuss energy efficiency and proposed systems.
- Produced a schematic design report intended for estimating and fundraising purposes, which included recommendations on the MEPFP systems:
- HVAC: Variable refrigerant flow (VRF) systems for air conditioning and high efficiency condensing style gas-fired boilers for heating (conversion from steam to hot water).
- Plumbing: Consolidate (3) water heaters into (1) new condensing style water heater. Replace all plumbing systems for the
- Fire protection: Adjustment of the existing system to accommodate new and renovation construction as well as conceal the sprinklers.
- Evaluation of the existing electrical service capacity for air conditioning.
- Support for proposed lift/elevator.
- High efficiency lighting systems with occupancy sensor controls.
- New fire alarm system design.
- New data, telephone and CATV structured cabling systems.