School District: Spring-Ford Area School District, Royersford, PA
Project Name: Construction of a new K-4 Elementary School and a new 5-7 Intermediate School
Project Size: 335,000 Sq. Ft. (5-6) and 95,000 Sq. Ft. (K-4) on an 80-acre site
Construction Value: Total Project: $51.5 million/S&H Portion: $15 million
- Design of heating and cooling systems that are designed around water source heat pumps supplied by a closed loop geothermal system, which includes a geothermal well field consisting of more than (600) six hundred 350-foot deep wells for both buildings. This is one of the largest single-site geothermal installations in the United States.
- New water and sanitary systems design
- New fire protection systems design
- Design new 34.5 kV electrical services with indoor 4000A switchboards
- Design new Lighting systems
- Design new fully addressable fire alarm systems
- Design new theatrical lighting systems
- Design lighting control systems, including site lighting for all roads within the 80 acre site.
Services Began: 2000
Construction Completion: K-4 School (2003); 5-6 School (2004)
This design of the K-4 building was used as the basis of two additional new elementary schools, in the Spring-Ford Area School District totaling another 190,000 SF.