ONE-STOP AND LIBRARY BUILDINGS ADDITIONS AND RENOVATIONS
Client: Mercer County Community College, West Windsor, NJ
Project Name: Additions and Renovations to the Library and Student Center Buildings
Project Size: 78,000 SF
Construction Value: $9,455,000
Additions and renovations for two buildings on the West Windsor Campus of Mercer County Community College:
- Total area of additions and renovations was 78,000 SF. Buildings included Library, Testing Center, Computer Labs, Classrooms, Holocaust/Genocide Resource Center, Welcome Center Addition Entrance, College Bookstore, Loading Dock, Freight and Passenger Elevators, and One-Stop Student Services (including Tutoring, Financial Aid, Records, Career Services, etc.).
- Replacement of the existing Cafeteria AHU-6 HVAC unit, including controls and VFDs.
- New Johnson Controls Metasys BAS system for both buildings.
- Combination of roof top DX systems with indoor heating coils and indoor units with chilled water and hot water heating.
- New high efficiency lighting with occupancy sensor lighting controls.
- New structured cabling systems for data, telephone, AV and CATV.
- The fire alarm system incorporated voice evacuation for increased communications and security to the campus.
- Project incorporated multiple construction phases to allow occupancy of various portions of the building during construction.
- Project included the installation of temporary trailer facilities for various building functions such as the Library in order to allow continuous service to the campus community.
- New fire protection systems for assembly occupancies.
- (2) New 2-stop elevators and replacement of (1) existing 2-stop elevator.
Dates of Service: Started design in 2007.
Construction was completed in 2010